Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Writing in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Dennis and I just returned from a trip to one of our favorite places on Earth....the Blue Ridge Mountains. We spent a week at Ridgecrest for pastor's camp in Black Mountain, N.C. This was one place where I did a lot of work on the first volume of "31 Spiritual Lessons I Learned From My Dog" a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, our beloved Cosmo couldn't go on this trip with us, but he was never far from our thoughts. I continued work on the second volume of "31 MORE Spiritual Lessons I Learned From My Dog" . It is such a beautiful and inspiring setting to work in and I am pleased with what I accomplished. In some ways, I think I am even more excited to see these lessons in print than I was the first volume.....I think these go a little deeper. I was also able to go by one of my favorite stores in the world, The Ivy Corner on Cherry Street in Black Mountain...they sell my book there, so I delivered their latest order in person! We enjoyed talking to other dog lovers while we were there...stopping the car and parking in order to say hello to two sweet dachshunds from Texas, siblings named Heidi and Hans. We just can't pass up a dachshund. We were very happy to be reunited with Cosmo and I think he was glad to see us too. I grow more thankful everyday that he is part of our lives.

Blessings,
Raylene

No comments: